Epcot Food and Wine Festival: Warm Chocolate Lava Cake with Baileys Ganache – Ireland 2012
For Chocolate Lava Cake:
8 1-ounce semisweet chocolate squares, chopped, or 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 sticks butter
5 egg yolks
4 whole eggs
3/4 cups sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup Baileys Irish Cream
4 ounces milk chocolate
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly butter sides of 6 individual (3/4 cup) ramekins. Lightly coat with sugar, shake out excess.
- Melt chocolate and butter in top of double boiler set over simmering water. Stir until smooth. Remove from over water and cool 10 minutes.
- Beat egg yolks and whole eggs together in a large bowl; add sugar and beat until thick and light, about 2 minutes.
- Fold in chocolate mixture.
- Sift flour, then fold into batter, mixing until smooth.
- Divide batter among prepared cups, filling 3/4 full.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake about 25 minutes or until sides of cake are set and middle is still soft. Do not overbake.
- Using a small knife, cut around sides of cake to loosen. Invert onto plates and drizzle with ganache.
- Stir together cream and Baileys in a small saucepan over medium heat. Just before boiling point, remove from heat and stir in milk chocolate.
Cook’s Notes: You can also use muffin tins; recipe makes 12. Bake for 15 minutes or until set and middle is still soft.