This is the post excerpt.
Hello, welcome! This is a first for me, and I hope you will be patient with me as I learn how to do this. I am a Disney fan and Walt Disney World Personal Shopper. Here I will talk about what is going on at the Walt Disney World resort…be it events, food, merchandise, or just the day to day goings on at the park. So please join me as I go on this Magical Journey!
Feast of the Tres Reyes! – Epcot International Festival of the Holidays is the holiday kitchen of the Feast of the Three Kings!
Here’s the recipe for the Three Kings Bread so you and your family and make it and enjoy it at home!
1/4 cup water
1/3 cup sugar
4 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
4 tablespoons shortening
1/8 teaspoon salt
Zest of 1 orange
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3- 3 1/2 cups bread flour
4 teaspoons instant yeast
1/2 cup shortening
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup cake flour
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
3-4 tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
16 Maraschino cherries, chopped
Red and green sugar
- Place the eggs and water in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook.
- Add the sugar, butter, shortening, salt, orange zest, vanilla, and 3 cups of the bread flour to the mixing bowl. Sprinkle instant yeast on top of the flour.
- Knead on medium speed for 12 minutes, until soft dough forms. Dough will be slightly sticky. If dough is not soft after 12 minutes, add 1/4 cup of flour at a time and knead for 1 additional minute.
- Portion the dough into 16 balls on two baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour, until doubled in size.
FOR SUGAR PASTE:
- Cream shortening, sugar, and cake flour in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
- Add egg and mix, making sure to scrape the sides of the bowl, until well blended.
- Set aside.
- Whisk powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons of the milk, and vanilla extract together until smooth.
- Add additional tablespoon of milk, if needed.
- Set aside.
FOR THREE KINGS BREAD:
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Beat egg and brush on top of dough.
- Pipe the sugar paste in an “x” over the top of the balls of dough.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool for 15 minutes and top with glaze.
- Sprinkle red and green sugar and chopped maraschino cherries on top of glaze.
You can also find delicious food at Las Posadas holiday kitchen near Mexico. They are serving one of my favorite dishes for the holidays: Buñuelo Navideño – a thin round fried pastry, drizzled with honey and dusted with cinnamon and brown sugar. Delicioso!
Epcot International Festival of the Holidays takes place until December 30.
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa – Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about 3 dozen medium cookies OR 18 large cookies
2 ½ cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
10 tablespoons (1 ¼ sticks butter), softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
12 oz. bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 330 degrees F.
Sift flour, baking soda and salt into a large bowl and set aside.
Combine butter, brown sugar and powdered sugar in a separate bowl and cream with electric mixer until fluffy.
With the mixer running, add eggs, one at a time. Then add vanilla. Mix until combined, scraping sides of the bowl.
Slowly add flour mixture, scraping sides of the bowl. Stir in chocolate chips.
Scoop 1 tablespoon dough for medium cookies OR 2 tablespoons for large cookies, onto an ungreased baking sheet.
Bake until lightly golden, 10 to 12 minutes for medium cookies; 12 to 14 minutes for large cookies.
CHEF ART SMITH’S HUMMINGBIRD CAKE
Homecomin’ Florida Kitchen at Disney Springs
Butter and flour, for prepping pans
3 cups self-rising flour, preferably White Lily brand
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cups chopped ripe bananas
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
8 ounces butter, at room temperature
1 pound confectioners’ sugar (about 4 1/2 cups sifted)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Fresh seasonal fruit for garnish
1. Position racks in the center and bottom third of the oven and preheat to 350F. Lightly butter two 9-inch roundcake pans, sprinkle evenly with flour and tap out the excess. (If you wish, butter the pans, line the bottoms with rounds of parchment paper, then flour the pans and tap out the excess.)
2. In a large bowl, sift the flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt into a bowl.
3. In second large bowl, stir or whisk the bananas, pineapple, oil, eggs and vanilla until combined. Do not use an electric mixer. Pour into the dry mixture and fold together with a large spatula just until smooth. Do not beat. Spread evenly into the pans.
4. Bake until the cake springs back when pressed in the center, 30-35 minutes. Transfer the cakes to wire racks and cool for 10 minutes. Invert the cakes onto the racks (remove the parchment paper now if using). Turn right side up and cool completely.
Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat the cream cheese and butter in a large bowl until combined. On low speed, gradually beat in the confectioners’ sugar, then the vanilla, to make a smooth icing.
Place 1 cake layer, upside down on a serving platter. Spread with about 2/3 cup of the icing. Top with the second layer, right side up. Spread the reaming icing over the top and sides of the cake. The cake can be prepared up to 1 day ahead and stored, uncovered in the refrigerator. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour before serving. Serve slices with a scoop of icing and a fruit garnish.
Disney Cruise Line Recipe: Christmas Cookie Cocktail
1 ounce Baileys
1 ounce Kahlua
1 ounce peppermint schnapps
Vanilla ice cream
Blend Baileys, Kahlua, peppermint schnapps and ice cream.
Layer bottom of catalina glass with chocolate sauce.
Pour drink and top with whipped cream and cookie shavings.
BLACK CHERRY BOURBON HOT CHOCOLATE
Flurry of Fun – Dockside Diner at Disney’s Hollywood Studios®
1 packet of hot chocolate powder mix
5 ounces hot water (or warm milk)
.5 ounces toasted marshmallow syrup
1.25 ounces black cherry bourbon
2 ounces whipped cream for garnish
1 maraschino cherry for garnish
- Mix together hot chocolate powder with hot water or milk. Add toasted marshmallow syrup and bourbon.
- Stir together, and top with whipped cream
Enjoy this recipe for Hushpuppies from Blue Bayou in New Orleans Square at Disneyland. They’re so delicious, you’ll savor these crispy little bites in exquisite silence.
Makes 2 1/2 dozen
1 cup flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 tablespoon finely diced shallot
1 heaping tablespoon cooked and finely chopped bacon
1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped parsley
3 heaping tablespoons white sweet corn
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
3/4 cup milk
4 cups corn oil or shortening
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except the egg, milk, and oil.
- In a separate bowl, mix together egg and milk. Heat the oil.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg-and-milk mixture. Do not let the batter sit longer than 15 minutes.
- Use two teaspoons and carefully spoon a ball about the size of a large olive into the hot oil. Fry 3 to 4 minutes.
This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version. All recipes are the property of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., and may not be reproduced without express permission.